WHAT IS POWDER COATING?
Powder coating is an advanced method of applying a decorative and protective finish to a wide range of materials and products that are used by both industries and consumers. The powder used for the process is a mixture of finely ground particles of pigment and resin, which is sprayed onto a surface to be coated. The charged powder particles adhere to the electrically grounded surfaces until heated and fused into a smooth coating in a curing oven. The result is a uniform, durable, high-quality, and attractive finish. Powder coating is the fastest-growing finishing technology in North America, representing over 10% of all industrial finishing applications.
Extensive Experience, Proven Problem Solvers
OPI’s plant engineer and plant staff have combined extensive experience in mechanical equipment, industrial processes, fluoropolymer coatings (liquid & powder), and non-fluoropolymer powder coatings. We provide both traditonal “paint“ powder coatings and fluoropolymer powder coatings to “cover” every need! Our staff will work to first understand your specific need and then work with you to determine which coating and application will most benefit your process or product. We are committed to continually evaluating our procedures and reviewing your product so that you are receiving the best coating possible for your application.
- 133″L × 61″W × 72″H
- Physical Weight: 5000 lbs.
- De-greasing, caloric, at 750˚ F
- Application of industrial fluoropolymer coatings (Teflon®)
- Application of fluoropolymer and non-fluoropolymer powder coatings
Standard Terms and Conditions
- Include all masking instructions.
- All parts should be grease and oil free.
- Cast aluminum and magnesium parts may experience “out-gassing” a problem of internal gasses within a casting when heated comes to the surface creating a bubbling or pin holes. We will take every precaution to avoid this, however, OPI will not be responsible.
- For a second coat or a clear coat. Additional charges will be applied.
- Due to many variations in part configuration and conditions, Prices are estimates only. We reserve the right to change prices based on physical examination of part. We will notify you of any changes before work begins.
- If your project requires specialty colors, metallic’s, or textured powders. There may be additional charges based on market price of the powder selected.
- All items to be powder coated must be disassembled for proper surface preparation. Powder coating requires curing oven temperatures in excess of 400 degrees f, making it very important to remove any pieces that may not tolerate high temperature.